Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years Bloggers!

So 2011 has finally ended and the beginning of 2012 is here! With the new brings tons of new things like new reading challenges, new books, and new exciting events to participate in! Before we move forward and forget about all the things 2011 brought us, I figured I would take a look back at how much I accomplished reading wise and where I want to go this year. Are you ready?! Because I am!

  • I read a total of 124 books this year.
  • That totals to 31,156 pages read
  • 88 5 star ratings
  • 30 4 star ratings
  • 5 3 star ratings
  • 1 2 star ratings
  • 0 1 star ratings
That is a pretty crazy run down of numbers! I guess I rarely completely hate a book huh? This year I set my sights a little lower on my Reading Challenge since I didn't quite make it this year, but one book off isn't too shabby if I do say so myself! Now, this year was full of amazing series for me. I really started reading again in 2011 with the purchase of my Nook Color in February and the rest has been history. I got introduced to The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare which led to me finding The Infernal Devices series also by Cassandra Clare, she is just amazing! I also read The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and all of The Hunger Games trilogy. My mind was seriously blown last year by how much I had missed by taking a long reading break. Never again will I stop reading, it was torture to my soul!

Now that I have looked back a bit, it is time for me to look forward to all of the things I want to accomplish in 2012. I have reading goals and blogging goals since I just started out. I would say I want to branch out into other generas but to tell the truth I started that at the end of last year.  So this year I want to keep on what I have been and discover even more new authors I have yet to read. I also want to try and make my blog as successful as I can. By successful I mean, I want to meet you! I found a place at goodreads when I finally saw all the other people just like me who loved the same books as I did and that is what I want for my blog. I can't wait to introduce people to books they may have not heard about yet and give them a chance to love them as much as I do.

I hope all of you have set your new Reading Challenges for this year and have fun reaching them. This year is going to be full of amazing books and I can not wait for the months to roll by. Happy reading this year everyone. Let the pages turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment