Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday [4]

Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Books and I chose to do it so I could brighten up my Saturdays! Every Saturday, bloggers get to post a cover that has really caught their eye over the week for everyone else to see. It is a great way to find some new books to be put on your to be read or just admire the wonderful covers that are already on there. Judging a book by it's cover has never been so fun. [:

I went searching for this weeks Shelf Candy. I usually will see a title that jumps out at me throughout the week, but this week I had to scour goodreads. I know that Shelf Candy Saturday is all about 'judging the book by the cover' but I like to put books up that I also have an actual interest in. I also like to put up books that I have not seen before and that make me wonder to myself, 'How the heck have I not seen this yet?!' So, I was very excited when I found this weeks shelf candy. Check it out!

 Dark Storm
Sarah Singleton
Why It's Shelf Candy:
Well, lets start out with the KILLER color that you get from the cover. I love the stormy tealish blue that is brought out, not only in the clouds but the water and waves below. Then there is the whole mans face in the sky and the woman's hair floating behind her. It just makes you wonder what the heck she is doing on that ledge. Is she going to hurl herself off? Is she trying to connect with the man in the sky? SO many questions come along with this stunning cover and it just caught my eye the moment I saw it. I was pleasantly surprised once I click on it and read the synopsis. I hope this story is as great and it sounds to be. I really like the premise and think this will be a nice twist on the whole dead paranormal thing going on. Now, seriously, how have I not seen this before?!

What do you all think about the cover? Is it enough to suck you in and check it out? Well, if it is, click on the picture! Do you have any shelf candy this Saturday? If so, leave me your own Shelf Candy Saturday link or just comment below and let me know what has caught your eye this week.

12 comments:

  1. I love this cover. The colors are awesome and the image is perfect for the title. It is all more than enough to get me to want to see what's inside. This is my first time seeing this cover, so a special thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Through-Chronicles-Nowhere-ebook/dp/B006ZQXCLW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I27TFV3AIQEPNO&colid=1RRB8IBZ8FSYS I havent bought this yet but was drawn in by the cover. While browsing Amazon the other day,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this book before, but must I say, I want to read it now! It looks great, like a total badass book and that face in the clouds, Woah.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Shawna!

    Oh, my gosh, what an absolutely GORGEOUS cover!!!! The color blue always calls out to me, and this shade is just exquisite!! LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!! The entire composition, too, is perfect. And the whole mystery behind this amazing cover, with the man's head in the clouds, and the girl poised on the ledge, right above that roiling sea...your comments about these things are spot on!

    What a TERRIFIC Shelf Candy pick!! I'm going over to Goodreads as soon as I post this comment!! Thanks for featuring this!!!

    (By the way, I also LOVe your blog's beautiful new look!)

    Have a very COOL weekend!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just added this book to my Goodreads TBR bookshelf!!!! Thanks again for featuring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait 4 this
    oowee sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely dig this cover. I really want to know whether the guy in the clouds is an enemy or a friend.
    Annie @ CandleLitLibrary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love the colors and the design. I can't believe I didn't notice the man's face until you pointed it out! The story skinds good too. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't seen this book before but wow it really looks fabulous! I love those colors and the sea!!! great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen this one either. Cover is very pretty and it sounds great! Nice pick. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cover! I had to do a double take to realize there was a face staring out of the cloud! Very cool :)

    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete