Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday [6]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine. Each Wednesday we pick a book that we can't wait to get our paws on and share it with the rest of you! Want to play along? Just head over to Jill's site for all the info! This weeks pick may come as no surprise to those of you who know I just finished Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout a few days ago. In fact my review is posted just below this. I fell hard for this book so, without further aidu I give you my Waiting on Wednesday pick!

This weeks Waiting On Wednesday pick is...

Onyx 
[Lux #2]
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: May 15th 2012
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town.

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
-Goodreads

Why I Can't Wait
I fell in love with Obsidian, so why would I NOT want this book like YESTERDAY. Daemon is a sexy sexy stud that now wants Katy and she is trying to act like she isn't so very interested in him?! Gah. Sparks are totally going to fly and I want to be there when they do! Not only are these two going to create such a heat I may have to get out of the kitchen [or maybe I will strip some clothes off...] but then I hear Daemons twin may be back?! TWIN PEOPLE. As in looks just like Daemon. I may pass out from too much sexiness. Do I detect a possible love triangle? Or am I just asking a bit too much? Either way, we will have to wait until May to find out for sure and trust me people, I am counting down the days.
**** **** **** ****
I know a lot of you out there are a fan of this series, so I bet you are right there with me on this! What about the rest of you? Leave me your own Waiting on Wednesday pick or just comment below. I would love to see what you are waiting on this week. [:

19 comments:

  1. You got me all hyped about this one! (: I am def waiting on this also!

    Again, this is why I love your blog.. It's stuff I would never think of to read (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read the first one for forever and am dying to read this one too. Great pick.

    MY WoW/WWW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh I so can't wait for this book either!!!!!! I mean HELLO!!!!!!!! Hehe again I'm so sorry I did this to you! But I know your life is better with Daemon around!

    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to pick up the first book!

    check out my wow? http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great read. I'm still trying to get myself a copy of 'Obsidian' to read. So I going to have to give this one a miss, until I can read the first book. Thanks for sharing your WoW. I'm a new follower :) Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Blog - Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Onyx is pretty popular this week, I've seen it on a couple of WoW posts! I haven't read Obsidian yet, but now maybe I should. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onyx is a popular pick but like how you sadly still need to read The Vampire Academy I still need to read Obsidian and also Half-Blood because I hear this author is amazing! But I will be getting to them soon! Hopefully!
    Thanks for visiting My WOW and hope you grab Vampire Academy soon so you can meet Adrian Ivashkov.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I love your review made me laugh!
    And yes you're totally correct onyx is a must
    I can't wait to get my hand on Daemon! Oops I mean book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're comment made me laugh! I can't wait to get my hands on Daemon either...and no...I don't mean book. I want my hands ON Daemon. ;]

      Delete
  9. Today is the day where I see every book twice, I think. This has been the second time I've seen Onyx, which makes this comment sort of un-creative. *g*

    I really want to read Obsidian, because people keep recommending the books (and the author in general) but at the same time, I'm not sure if it's my type of book - Wasn't there a love triangle? Hm, I'll just check it out and see for myself. *grin*

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Obsidian yet but it sounds like a great read! :) Do let me know how it is if you manage to read it!

    My Wow for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! Love your WOW graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah, why haven't I read Obsidian already!!! Seriously, you have me very excited to start the series now!

    Here is my WOW: http://www.handsandhome.ca/2012/02/2111.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. On a side note, I have to add that I love, love, LOVE your blog design! It is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice! I loved Obsidian and am sure I'll love Onyx, too.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gah, I am DYING waiting for this one. Can't wait for more Daemon! ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I'm VERY excited about ONYX and PURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, pretty blog!!!! Love your design! Onyx is a great choice, definitely!!

    My Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete