Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday [8]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine. Each Wednesday we pick a book that we can't wait to get our paws on and share it with the rest of you! Want to play along? Just head over to Jill's site for all the info! This weeks pick has had my eye for a few weeks now. When I browse on Goodreads I always seem to stumble over it and every time I re-read the synopsis I fall more in love with it. Want to know what it is? Well check it out!

This Weeks Waiting On Wednesday Pick Is...

Gilt
Katherine Longshore
Release Date: May 15 2012
In the Tudor age, ambition, power and charismatic allure are essential and Catherine Howard has plenty of all three. Not to mention her loyal best friend, Kitty Tylney, to help cover her tracks. Kitty, the abandoned youngest daughter of minor aristocracy, owes everything to Cat – where she is, what she is, even who she is. Friend, flirt, and self-proclaimed Queen of Misrule, Cat reigns supreme in a loyal court of girls under the none-too-watchful eye of the Dowager Duchess of Norfolk.

 When Cat worms her way into the heart of Henry VIII and becomes Queen of England, Kitty is thrown into the intoxicating Tudor Court. It’s a world of glittering jewels and elegant costumes, of gossip and deception. As the Queen’s right-hand-woman, Kitty goes from the girl nobody noticed to being caught between two men – the object of her affection and the object of her desire.

But the atmosphere of the court turns from dazzling to deadly, and Kitty is forced to learn the difference between trust and loyalty, love and lust, secrets and treason. And to accept the consequences when some lessons are learned too late.
-Goodreads

Why I Can't Wait
I am anticipating this book for more than just the cover folks. If you have read this far down then you MUST have read the synopsis [and if you didn't what the heck man?!]. Are you are thrilled and excited as I am?! Historical romances just kill me, but I mean that in a good way obviously. And then there is the little fact that a love triangle will be part of the book. I just can't help myself, I am a sucker for a love triangle people. I love me some angst and I have a feeling I will get just that with this read. Dazzling to deadly sounds like the perfect way to spend an afternoon does it not? All I can say is that May needs to hurry itself on up. There are so many fantastic reads coming out in that month and this one is definitely on the top to my to buy list.
**** **** **** ****
What do you guys think? Better yet what are you Waiting On this Wednesday? Leave me your own Waiting On Wednesday link or just comment below and let me know. I want to see what has you sitting on the edge of your seat.

8 comments:

  1. Cover Cover Cover - :) LOVE IT! :)
    This book sounds pretty freaking good :D

    See My WW - Here

    Tabby @Insightful Minds
    Come Check Out My - 250 Follower Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! I love a good historical romance. The cover is this one is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found myself getting more and more into historical romances, though I do not like when they're written in Shakespearean :P.

    This one sounds awesome though!!

    My Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm the exact opposite, then. I can't stand love triangles! Neither when it's M F M, nor when it's F M F. Just not my cuppa. But maybe I'll give this book a try anyway. It sounds really good. :3

    Patricia // My Wow

    (New Linky Follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Historical romances are not my cup of tea, but I've been such in an experimental mood recently (I ditched my favorite dystopias for contemporary! I KNOW RIGHT?) I might want to check it out sooner rather than later.

    And whoa you like love triangles. That is definitely original opinion here. ;D

    My WoW is here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a love/hate relationship with historical fiction. But if there is a love triangle I may have to read it. ;)


    Check out my Desperately Wanting Wednesday here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oOoOooo I haven't heard of this one yet, but I'm sure going to check it out!!! I always gotta love the same books you do!!! Its what book sisters are for!!!! Good pick!!!

    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete