Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday [5]

Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Books and I chose to do it so I could brighten up my Saturdays! Every Saturday, bloggers get to post a cover that has really caught their eye over the week for everyone else to see. It is a great way to find some new books to be put on your to be read or just admire the wonderful covers that are already on there. Judging a book by it's cover has never been so fun. [:

So this week was once again a search and scour for me. I kind of like doing them this way because I find so many new books to add to my to be read list on goodreads [like that list really needs to grow anymore] But this weeks pick somehow pulled me in. Lets see what you all think of my shelf candy pick for this Saturday.

One Moment
Kristina McBride
Why It's Shelf Candy:
 Okay, this weeks pick caught me by surprise. This cover doesn't necessarily scream Shelf Candy but at the same time it does. I am all for a simple cover, and this one did it just right. I am a big bare foot water kinda gal [it has a lot to do with the fact that I am a Pisces] and I fell in love with this cover the moment I saw it. Not only have I done this a billion times, but this book is all about a ripple effect so the ripples in the water work perfectly with the synopsis. Oh, and it also works with the whole drowning thing...yeah. If you haven't checked this book out yet click on the picture so you can get an idea of what is in store for you and add it to your to be read list! Oh, and as you all know probably from one of my previous Shelf Candy's that I love the whole reflection off the water bit so that is another reason this cover just tugged at my heart. So simple yet fits so well with what is trying to be told. I couldn't pass this one up folks. Its so simply perfect.

What do you all think about this weeks pick? Too simple and plain for your tastes or do you get where I am coming from? Do you have a shelf candy pick this week? Leave your own Shelf Candy Saturday link or just comment below and let me know what caught your eye this week.

7 comments:

  1. I love the reflection on the water as well and I can totally see where you are coming from with your choice this week. Sometimes a cover doesn't need to be really involved. Sometimes keeping it simple works well. I really love the way the ripples in the water are shown. its like she was dipping her toes in the water and the photographer got just the right shot to catch the moving water.
    Great post!!!

    Here is my shelf candy choice for the week...
    http://cambriahebert.com/2012/02/shelf-candy-saturday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice. I love that the cover is tied directly to the story line of the novel. And no, it is not too simple for my taste. Simplicity can be nice sometimes, and in this case it works. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover! Sometimes simple is better than a cover that has a ton of things going on.
    I love the colors and the reflection on the water. It seems like she is "testing the waters" about something... like dipping her foot in to see if the water feels okay or not.
    I'm definitely intrigued by this book! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my post if you want to check it out:

    http://stephsbookcorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/shelf-candy-saturday-4.html

    Hope you're having an awesome Saturday!
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's beautiful and I can see why you chose it! I'm over here from Five Alarm Books, I love this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Shawna, this is such a beautiful cover!! It looks deceptively simple, yet is really quite stunning. It has a really bold look to it, precisely because of its simplicity. LOVE it!! That foot looks so elegant, too! The ripples and the mirror image all play into the book's theme, as you've stated.

    This is a TERRIFIC Shelf Candy pick!! Thanks for sharing!! Happy Saturday!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the ripple and the reflection, and it seems to fit the title perfectly.

    Here’s my Shelf Candy.
    Annie @ CandleLit Library

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I like the simplicity of the photo. I'm a Pisces also. So, I'm probably drawn to the water too :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Steph @ Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete