Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Cross My Heart by Katie Klein

Cross My Heart
Published by: Katie Klein
Katie Klein
Released: March 14th 2011
( Barnes & Noble / Goodreads )
True love can blossom in unexpected places. This is Jaden pretending not to notice. . . .

Jaden McEntyre and Parker Whalen are a wrong fit from the start. Jaden is driven and focused, Harvard Med School within reach. Parker has a past—a reputation—and the rumors about his mysterious habits abound. So there’s no reason why, when they're assigned to work together on a project in English, they should discover they have anything in common, or even like each other, and they definitely shouldn't be falling in love.

As they bond over Edith Wharton’s tragic novella, Ethan Frome, the “bad boy” vibe Parker plays begins to dissipate. Soon, Jaden finds herself shedding her own “good girl” image: sneaking around to be with him, confiding in him, and ultimately falling hard for this leather-wearing, motorcycle-driving loner who plays into the rebel stereotype.

Still, Jaden can't shake the feeling that there's more to Parker than he's letting on. He's hiding something from her, and discovering the truth means reconciling the Parker she's grown to love with the person he really is. Because it's possible that his life inside the classroom—everything Jaden knows—is one, massive lie.
-Goodreads

Thoughts/Review: 
Oh man. This book!!! I am such a sucker for chick-lit mostly because I really got started in reading thanks to the amazing Sarah Dessen, and this book seriously stole my heart just like all of her works have. There wasn't a moment I didn't love and there were so many times that had me literally laughing out loud I just didn't know what to do. My eyes were watering from the overall sweetness that is this book page after page. I mean it, my eyes were watering not from tears of sadness but pure bliss and happiness. This is one of those books that makes you wish book characters [okay, Parker] could be real, I mean come on! Why can't they?!?! I am a very disgruntled reader at this fact, we need to work on this folks! Oh, sorry, anyway...

Now, at first glance this is your typical bad boy, good girl situation. Jaden is a driven girl with her sights set on Harvard. A bit of a control freak yes, but very prioritized. She has it all really. Great grades, an amazing boyfriend and a best friend to die for. Now Parker, on the other hand, is a great mystery. Leather jacket, rides a motorcycle, and only thing anyone knows about him is his parents are divorced and he had gotten kicked out of his last school. Oh, and he doesn't talk to anyone. Fits the bill right? But I swear to you, this book has way more going on than that. The characters in this book and the way Jaden and Parkers relationship comes together was just so...so...*sigh* amazing.

They had this chemistry that just jumped off of the page. Their dialog made me sigh, laugh, curse and beg for more. Katie Klein created a romance that didn't need steamy scenes or multiple make out sessions to make readers fall for it. Everything felt so perfect and unbelievably right no matter what happened. One thing that really made me fall for their romance was when they did have spats they finished them and communicated. It made me feel like they really are falling hard and meant for one another. I loved to see how Jaden went from never being out of line to figuring out that sometimes it is okay to live a little. The best books to read are ones that truly have the characters grow into themselves and this book delivered it in the best way possible.

The last few chapters of this book will have your head spinning, your heart aching, and finally have you on the floor in a giant pile of swoon goo. Be ready readers. There was just so much to love about this book, I wish I could ramble on and on. From the romance, to the writing, and that insane twist that I never even saw coming this book leaves you felling awestruck and giddy with joy all at the same time. A tale told over and over somehow seems new and fresh and captured my heart from the start. I'm telling you, watch out for Katie Klein, she will make you fall head over heels in love. Cross my heart. ;]

Rating:
★★★★★
Five Fanatical Stars
[I want a Parker gosh darn it!]
 **** **** **** ****
Okay people, if this book isn't on your to be read list then you should get it there fast like! And I was serious about me wanting a Parker. If anyone sees a Parker type male anywhere contact me! [;

4 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a good bad boy/good girl romance? I've marked this one as to-read. Thanks for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! This one is amazing. [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE me some bad boys! I have not read this book yet, but due to your review, I have now marked it as "to be read" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this forever so I'm glad to see a good review of it :D Totally might buy it now.

    ReplyDelete