Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soul Screamers Reading Challenge: My Soul To Lose [Soul Screamers #0.5] by Rachel Vincent

My Soul To Lose
[Soul Screamers #0.5]
Rachel Vincent
Released: July 1st 09 by Harlequin Teen
( Barnes & Noble / Goodreads )
It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....
-Goodreads

Thoughts/Review:
So, I stared this challenge because I have seen SO many people [seriously, like almost everyone on goodreads] fall head over heels in love with this series. And now I can finally see why. Since this was such a quick read I thought I would do a mini review mixed. Being as this was only 54 pages or so I wasn't exspecting too much as far as giving me a bit of insight into this new world I was going to be reading.

Boy, was I wrong. I am really glad I ended up reading this first instead of jumping right in with the original series because this was a nice little taste of what I was going to be in for. I was not expecting it to start Kaylee off in a mental hospital. Though, once I started reading, I was presently surprised to see how they started off her story. I waited to write this until I was finished with My Soul To Take so I could see if it gave me anything vital to reading the first book. While it gave me TONS of questions, it wasn't a necessary read for the series...for the first book anyway.

I have a feeling some of my questions are going to be answered later on down the line because this book certainly brings a lot to the table. I am so glad I have started reading this series and even more so at the fact that this whole story is going to blow my mind, I can just feel it in my bones. [And I have seen the amazing reviews and ratings so come on now...] None the less. Great start to what I hope to be a breathtaking series.

Rating:
★★★★★
Five Screamin' Stars
[Turn those pages readers!]
**** **** **** ****
Don't forget to check out my review of My Soul To Take in a few days! I finished it right before I wrote this review and will be posting it soon. It seriously rocks people. If you are interested in joining this challenge there is still plenty of time! Just click the Challenge button to your right and you can check out the deets!

5 comments:

  1. Great review!! I'm at the part now where she just woke up in the mental hospital. That's got to be scary to wake up to that. =/

    I have a feeling I'm going to really like this series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, great review!!! I absolutely love, love, love this series!!! I'm re-reading it as part of the SSRC and am falling in love with it all over again. It always makes me happy when new readers get as excited about this series as me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sohappy you loved this! You will find little things thatcome back to MStLose all the way until If I Die. I hope you love the series as much as all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this one as well, didn't expect it to be in a mental institution, but then I stated reading My Soul to Take and I was bored by the first couple of chapters. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it. I am definitely giving it a try later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! I can't wait for the next book to come out, I loved them all! The series was such an original idea, and it totally worked!

    ReplyDelete