Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review: Fifty Shades Freed [Fifty Shades #3] by E.L. James

Fifty Shades Freed
Published by: The Writers Coffee Shop
E.L. James
Released: January 19th, 2012
( The Writers Coffee Shop / Goodreads )
When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.

Now, together, they have more – love, passion, intimacy, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control, and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.

Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past.

Seductive, shocking, sad and funny, Fifty Shades Freed is the compelling final volume in the Fifty Shades trilogy.
-Goodreads

Thoughts/Review:
A magnificent ending to an astounding trilogy, Fifty Shades Freed glued my arse to my seat and didn’t let me get up. I had such high expectations from this book and E.L. James did not fail to deliver one bit [she never does!] So much happened in this book and I never wanted it to end. I swear, if E.L. just continued to write these twos day to day life, I would still be engrossed in it. I hope this review isn’t all gushing about Christian, but I refuse to make any promises…

I couldn’t help but to drink in every last thing in this book since I knew I was getting no more Christian and Ana after it was over. I drank in the fights, the hot steamy sex, the good times they shared, and the rare times when Christian actually opened up. This book was so pivotal for these two and it was done perfectly. I have noticed a lot of people saying they didn’t like how Christian was no longer himself in this book but I couldn’t disagree more. He still has this crazy controlling dark side to him, but he is learning how to cope and deal with all these demons he has accumulated in his life. It was incredible watching our dear, dear Fifty change. And change in this book isn’t all about Christian either. Ana finally comes into her own skin [and attitude] and it is so thrilling and fulfilling to watch.

There was a lot of back and forth in this book but what else could you expect with these two?! The whole time reading it I was either. A] Swooning my socks off B] Fanning myself from all the steamy sex C] Screaming at Christian or D] Rooting and saying you go girl to Ana. As I was blissfully enjoying the story I couldn’t help but to be on the edge of my seat. I felt something huge brewing in the pages and I wanted to know what it was. And boy, does it hit you hard when it comes.
This whole build up to this one incredibly crazy intense scene had me holding my breath. I was blown away when it came jumping out at me and couldn’t turn the pages fast enough.  I thought my life was going to end for Christ sake. I can’t even halfway tell you what it is either folks. You HAVE to read it, and if you love fifty as much as we sub-club chicks do, you won’t waste one moment picking it up. E.L. James couldn’t have written a better ending even if Christian himself was sitting near her with his twitchy palms. But I guess if he was doing that, the book never would have been written now would it *wink* . So I depart from my favorite sexy trilogy with my favorite sexy couple with just one last thought.

Oh Fifty, it’s so sad to see you go, but it’s so nice to watch you leave…

Rating:
★★★★★★
Six Stimulating Stars
[yeah, that's right, I said simulating.]
**** **** **** ****
I can't believe it is over people!!!! I just want to sit and cry or something for awhile. No more reading about my sexy sexy Fifty. But seriously gals, we should all make a sub-club. I mean, we all would do whatever Christian wanted, and don't you lie and say you wouldn't! ;] Sub-club unite!

5 comments:

  1. ooooo My Sweet Fifty!!! great review!!!! i need to get mine up but im scared because that means its really over :( *sobes*

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ShawnaLeAnn for your lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed it... and thank your for reading.
    EL x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a LOT about this series! Is it really as hit as everyone says?? But it also sounds like there'dore to the story than the steamy stuff, which is great. I must add this to my TBR list.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great review. I'm almost done with Darker and I had to come see what I'm in for with Freed. I love them so much, I'm almost scared to read the final book! I'm rooting for a happy ending. I'm a HEA kind of girl and no one is more deserving than these two! (well maybe Kellan and Keira too ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I bought this just now. Want to read..but I have some reviews to do, for the book tours. So, I think this has to wait for few more days. :(

    Vidya @ Books Are Magic

    ReplyDelete