Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday [7]

Follow Friday is something I am very excited to be doing, since you know, I am kinda new and all. [: It is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Every week there is a new question to answer and new bloggers to meet! There is also a different blog featured every week! This weeks featured blog is Beefcake and Babes, so don't forget to head over there and check it out!

Want to get in on all the fun? Head on over to Parajunkee or Alison Can Read and get all the info to do your own Follow Friday and see who you will meet!!

This Weeks Question Is...

BeefcakeandBabes Asks:
 I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?

A: Oh man. I really have to rack my brain for this answer. With all these paranormal books out there, the shortage of WTF names is non-existent. Sometimes it is like authors just bumble some letters together and call it good. So, I'm going to go with my all time favorite unique name I have came across. I am going to have to say Kellan Kyle is the name I adore. He is from the Thoughtless series from S.C. Stephens which is INCREDIBLE. If you haven't checked it out, click here to do so. Anyway, I just love that name. It rolls off the tongue and fits the sexy man who is attached to it. If I ever meet a Kellan in real life, he will have to be awfully studly for me to even say his name outloud. If not I will formally re-name the man myself. ;]
**** **** **** ****
What about all of you? Is there a unique name out there that has stuck with you? Leave me your own Follow Friday link or just comment below and let me know! Happy Follow Friday! [:

14 comments:

  1. Following. Haha your answer is hilarious. The number of WTF names are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that name! :)
    I haven't read that one before, but of course, I just added the series to my TBR list! :)

    **Stalkish Follower Also**

    Tabby @Insightful Minds

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower! I had such a hard time thinking up my answers to this question. But I do hate it when you are reading fantasy novels and it seems like the authors just jumbled letters together! I haven't heard of the characters you mentioned but they do sound interesting.

    Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I totally agree that half the names in paranormal books are just letters the author decided to combine. I will spend half of the book going being like "that's not a name, no one is called that", it can be distracting, ha. Following you! Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawna :)

    Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with the book you're referring to above.:(
    I thought I'd stop by and say hi, since we're already Twitter buddies :)

    My FF http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com
    Happy FF
    I'm a New Linky follower btw!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the blog hop. I'm going with Gytha from Beauty and the Beast by Hannah Howell ;) It's one I'll never forget.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm a new follower! :) I adore your blog design, gorgeous.

    Here's my answer: http://bookprowl.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower here! Good post. You're right - there are a ton of unique names out there. Sirantha Jax always sticks in my head as one of the more unique names out there.

    Here's our FF

    Jamie @Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shawna, new follower! Great answer that is a good name! Kellan Lutz is one of the Twighlight actors, he plays Emmet! I'm pretty sure there will be lot's of Kellans running around soon, lot's of TwiHards out there! ^.^ this is me, hope to see you there http://booklovermaria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute name. PNR have some really good names. I like Bones and Kitten just because they fit the characters so well. I was already following GFC, facebook, and goodreads, but now following twitter and Linky followers. I sadly am at my limit for Networked Blogs otherwise I would follow you that way as well. Thanks for stopping by and following.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I'm a new follower! :)

    I actually know a boy named Kellan! I LOVE unique character names!

    Have a FABULOUS Friday!!!! :D

    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answer! I love the name Kellan! I think of Kellan Lutz (Emmett from Twilight) every time :) And he is sexy... so I think he owns it! Thanks for stopping by! *Old Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I'm sorry, but that is a ridiculously cute name. Plus I like the alliteration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love me some kellen kyle... I almost wish they'd make a movie.. but am so afraid they'll ruin the kellen I love! There's going to be a 3rd one check it out

    ReplyDelete