Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday [7]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine. Each Wednesday we pick a book that we can't wait to get our paws on and share it with the rest of you! Want to play along? Just head over to Jill's site for all the info! This weeks pick has had my eye for a few weeks now. When I browse on Goodreads I always seem to stumble over it and every time I re-read the synopsis I fall more in love with it. Want to know what it is? Well check it out!

This weeks Waiting On Wednesday pick is...

Something Like Normal
Trish Doller
Release Date: June 19th 2012
A powerful debut novel about a young Marine's return home from Afghanistan and the new life and love he finds while fending off the ghosts of war.

When Travis Stephenson returns home from Afghanistan, his parents are on the brink of divorce, his brother has stolen his girlfriend and his car, and nightmares of his best friend getting killed keep him completely spooked. But when he runs into Harper Gray, a girl who despises him for trashing her reputation with a middle school lie, life actually starts looking up. As Travis and Harper see more of each other, he starts falling for her and a way through the family meltdown, the post-traumatic stress, and the possibility of an interesting future begins to emerge.

His sense of humor, sense of his own strength, and incredible sense of honor make Travis an irresistible and eminently lovable hero in this fantastic and timely debut novel.
-Goodreads

Why I Can't Wait
I can't wait because this book is real. It is a problem that sometimes befall someone who went off to serve his country. Go away normal, come back and everything is messed up. Needless to say I can't wait to read Travis's story. Yeah Travis! As in a YA romance with a male lead. Hell yes. I love a good come back and this seems like it will be an emotional ride to it. I have also been on a contemporary kick lately so this fits my bill. I just keep looking at that June release date and bite my nails. Countdowns are in order here people. Also I have kinda read the reviews on goodreads so I KNOW this book will just blow me away. I just, is it June yet?!
**** **** **** ****
What do you guys think? Better yet, what are you waiting on this Wednesday? Leave me your own Waiting On Wednesday link or just comment below and let me know. I want to see what has you sitting on the edge of your seat.

7 comments:

  1. This one does sound intense and interesting. I have been seeing it around alot lately. Thanks for sharing!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this isn't the normal genre I read but that synopsis completely won me over. Going to add it to my TBR list immediately. Thank you for sharing! What a great sounding book. Am very excited for it!
    Becs @ Wicked Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is definitely going on my wishlist. :) It sounds like my cup of tea.

    My WoW

    Happy reading! xx
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick. I have a cousin who did two tours in the Middle East, and it's been hard but cool to see him restart his life. I definitely want to read this one.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeep! ill have to add this one (if its not already on there, i cant remeber all the books that i put on there anymore!) because it sounds like a good emotional read!!! and im in need of a good cry!!!
    Good pick Shawna!
    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have ony wishy list
    tnx 4 sharing

    ReplyDelete