Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday [7]

Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Books and I chose to do it so I could brighten up my Saturdays! Every Saturday, bloggers get to post a cover that has really caught their eye over the week for everyone else to see. It is a great way to find some new books to be put on your to be read shelf or just admire the wonderful covers that are already there. Judging a book by it's cover has never been so fun. [:

Ah, so I really love this weeks cover. I hope you all will too. It was pretty simple for me to just fall right when I saw it. And once I read the synopsis I was a goner. May 1st simply can not get here soon enough. So, here you go! This weeks Shelf Candy!


 What She Left Behind
Tracy Bilen
Why It's Shelf Candy:
I am just about the biggest fan of packing all my bags one day and moving to Washington simply for the fact that I LOVE their weather. So needless to say, when I caught a glimpse of the grey skies and a wooden area full of fog my eyes were stuck. I love it. It makes me just want to jump in the picture and start running along with blondie over there. Though, once you read the synopsis of this book you may not want to run along with blondie. Oh, yeah, you can check out the synopsis here. Looks amazing right? This is going to be a powerful book and nothing like driving the mood home than with this gorgeous cover. And back to the chick running...it was caught perfectly. I love how her hair looks as it is swept back by the wind. I am so ready to have this book on my shelves so I can stare at it anytime I want.

What do you guys think? It is a hit or miss for you, because, I am like fawning over it. Leave your own Shelf Candy Saturday link or just comment below and let me know! Happy Saturday everyone.[:

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I was enraptured with the cover as well, then I read the summary and was sad, but interested! Lol actually i was a little scared... don't even think of leaving... i'll find you... GUARANTEED! Well! Hehe... I'd never heard of SCS before, but I really like the idea and did one myself!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want to read this book too!!! I've got a bunch of bookmarks for it at home and gosh it sounds sooooooo good!!! Can't wait lol! Hopefully it will be worth the excitement...

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Let's get to 600 Followers Int. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It has a nice element of mystery to the photo that intrigues me. What a wonderful pick! I can't wait to peek inside. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cover! I am originally from Ohio and used to trees and overcast days. I ended up moving to the desert and man, I never guessed I would miss trees and rain so much!! I'd also never heard of this book, I will have to go check it out!

    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! It is really cool how the trees are so much bigger than her and all of the fog around the cover. It seems mysterious and that she is lost or in trouble.. That's an awesome pick!!!
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! How funny, we both featured forest-y type books on our Shelf Candy! This is a very pretty cover and the blurb sounds creepy.


    I also want to go to Washington. How ironic. I'm a nature lover, so being surrounded by trees, with the weather thrown in, sounds perfect to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the type of cover that will absolutely make me pick up a book and dive into it!! I LOVE it!! It's not only mysterious, but alluring, as well. It just makes the viewer want to get in there among those trees, with "blondie", as you put it. Also, since you're mentioning "Washington weather", I'm immediately reminded of my all-time favorite books -- The Twilight Saga!! Although many people prefer their weather sunny and hot, I'm not one of them. I've been living in Miami, Florida most of my life (through no choice of my own), and am heartily sick and tired of all the sun, humidity, and heat! So could you send some of that Washington weather down my way? Lol.

    Thanks for featuring this gorgeous cover, and adding to my TBR list!!

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous cover :) So beautiful and atmospheric. I'd love to move to Washington too, but for the forests rather than the weather. I'm based in England so we have very similar weather here.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete